I’m sorry my Tuesday trend day posts have been MIA. I don’t have a good excuse. My day to day tasks and work got in the way. I’m going to make an effort to get back on schedule! Starting with today’s post about 90s trends.
I came across this article that inspired today’s post: http://www.fabsugar.com/Fashion-Trends-From-90s-34636660
Warning: this article was written by someone in her 20s. She was a child in the 90s. I was in my 20s during the 90s but I still wanted to point out the trends mentioned in this article. Here is the list:
1. Overalls- I wrote a post about overalls last year but never bought some. Instead I keep seeing pictures of people wearing them and decide I should buy them but then never make the purchase.
2. Tevas- I owned a pair of these in the 90s but I don’t think I will be purchasing a pair now. I still associate these shoes to outdoor activities but apparently some designers put a similar type show on the runway. http://www.luckymag.com/accessories/2013/10/ugly-shoes-fashion-week
3. Birkenstocks- I still own my Birkenstocks from the 90s, they are a shoe that last a long time especially when you don’t wear them that often. I can get into this trend. I will check the condition of my pair and try to put together some outfits with them.
Mary Kate and Ashley Olson were spotted wearing this trend last month in the airport with socks!
4. Backpacks- I wrote a post about how men should NOT wear this trend but I’ve since purchased a backpack for my work commute. Sorry, I had to do it. I walk to work and I carry a lot of stuff so I was looking for a bag that wouldn’t hurt my shoulders. The backpack was a great solution. It is not the most stylish bag but I love it for my walk to work.
5. Shrunken sweaters-I was not going to try this trend until I saw the Velvet shrunken sweater over a long shirt. I would try that look but not the sweater by itself.
6. High-waisted jeans- not quite sure about this trend. I need to see what styles are available.
7. Matching sets- I did like the matching sweater set look so I might be ready to try this trend.
8. Bodysuit- I loved this trend in the 90s but I’m not sure I could get back into it.
Here are my shopping results:
ASOS Overalls in Relaxed Fit $71.49
Nordstrom puts together outfits with the trends you search for:
Cooperative $29.99 from Urban Outfitters
ASOS Uber High WaistedUltra Skinny Jeans in Clean Indigo Indigo $26.34 from ASOS.com
High Rise Ankle Jean Legging $88.00 from Express
Lesuit Le Suit Shantung Dressand Coat, Viola, Womens $89.99 from JCPenney
Cotton Spandex Jersey
Double U-Neck Long Sleeve Bodysuit Select Colors/Sizes $22.40
Here is a picture of me in college (1992) on spring break with the bodysuit, high-waisted shorts, matching set, and vest! Yikes!